Saturday, July 4, 2009

Love is Italian Creme


When we got married back in 1999 we thought it would be fun (and much more personal) to make our own wedding cake (and grooms cake), so Nancy and I took a cake decorating class together. We both loved Italian Creme and decided that would be our cake. Let me tell you something, if you can survive a couple of days making and decorating a wedding cake together in a tiny kitchen, that's a pretty good indicator that your marriage is going to work. We burnt out several cheap mixers, fought like dogs and came out with a really nice 3-tier cake and a Welsh-themed three feathers grooms cake.

So as today is my birthday, Nancy asked me what kind of cake I wanted and I said Italian Creme. She and Gavin made it last night - a much larger kitchen, a powerful kitchenaid mixer and only one tier makes all the difference.

It was delicious, and I will pay for it with 25 miles of hills tomorrow.

No comments: