Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Austin's Newest Runner

Sweet sleep with soft down
Weave thy brows an infant crown
Sweet sleep angel mild,
Hover o'er my happy child.

- William Blake
I'm sitting in a hospital room looking at my newborn son. The little bump we've been calling "Archie" for the past few months has morphed into a 7lb 15oz bundle of curiosity named Dylan James Richards.

Both Nancy and the former Archie are doing great and I'm over the moon. The boy has all 10 fingers and toes (I counted) and one hell of a set of lungs - must get that from his mother!!!

And if he inherits her looks and brains he won't be going too far wrong.

Here are a few photos of our big day.

About to leave for the hospital after our 3am start

Welcome to the world Dylan

Daddy and Dylan - the answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind

Gavin meets his new kid brother

Grandpa Tom and Gavin - the times they are a-changing

7 comments:

Celeste Domsch said...

Congratulations!! He looks adorable. What a beautiful family you have. :) Ask Nancy when I can bring her some brownies.

JohnF said...

Congratulations!

clea said...

Congrats! I knew you'd go with a proper Welsh sounding name. Although I do not know if Gavin looks to happy to have a baby brother...

brendaontheRun said...

That's fantastic news - congratulations to all of you! Love the name (of course!)

Mark said...

Thanks everyone. Gavin is actually really sweet with his little brother - he just hates having his picture taken :-)

Anonymous said...

Do I have your permission to send this link to all of the TEA runners? Or do you have some in the wings waiting to deliver them to us?

AA

lkg said...

Mark:
Your family is adorable and it's great that they have their grandfather to participate.
The baby is beautiful, as is your wife, and your older son is very handsome.
Thanks for sharing the pics. lkg