Sunday, September 21, 2008

Governor's Cup Champions

The marathon relays took place downtown this morning, and my team won the Governor's cup (for local and State Government teams) with a time of 3:16:35. This was doubly satisfying for me as I was both team coach and captain, and I also had a great run myself. There were no hangovers from yesterday's 21 miler and I ran the first 10k leg in a time of 46:08 (7:26 pace). Not bad over a hilly course.
Our other team also did really well and finished fifth in the division. But above all else, we had a great time. All in all, not a bad day. It was actually a bonus to run first up because then I could make sure that everyone was organized and where they needed to be for their leg. I could also take lots of pictures of everyone. We celebrated afterwards with some beers and a few laughs which was a nice relaxing finish to a fun morning.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Mister

stevespeirs said...

Nice one! Congrats Team Ff....

--Steve
---www.runbulldogrun.com

clea said...

congrats! Do you get to keep your cool trophy!?! That is a pretty impressive prize.

Mark said...

Thanks guys. Yes, I think we get to keep the trophy - it has the date engraved on it. It is currently sitting on the windowsill in my office - you wouldn't believe how many people came by today to get their photos taken with it :-)