Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My Cheesecake Masterpiece

To celebrate my 250th post, here's one about something near and dear to my heart. I love cheesecake, and one of the advantages to running so much is that I can indulge now and again without feeling the least bit guilty - excellent!!! I've been craving some turtle cheesecake for a while, and this is one that I made a few nights ago that tastes as good as it looks - it was super yummy, and I enjoyed doing artistic swirls with the caramel and chocolate toppings. I would love to take the credit for it, but I got the recipe from blogchef - a really cool foodie blog. I did make a few changes - the biggest ones being swapping out cinnamon graham crackers for the chocolate ones and using low fat cream cheese. You may be able to improve it a little by cooking it in a water bath a la Tyler Florence (which is also an amazing recipe), but it tasted bloody good just as it was.

Long live cheesecake!!!

2 comments:

clea said...

You really should have brought me a piece of that this morning....

Mark said...

Sadly it is no more - our visitors finished it off at the weekend :-(