Friday, July 31, 2009

Fun Friday


I've had a great Friday which started off with Dylan sleeping really well overnight (even if Nancy did steal him off me). He woke every 3 hours to feed and went straight back to sleep afterwards - wonderful.

Then I had an early morning run and a few laughs downtown with some friends which always gets the day off to a good start. I drove home, took Gavin to daycare and stopped into the office to get a few things done. After a lot of "coooing" and "oooing" and "aaahing" I headed off home again to find Dylan in a super happy mood.

We're so lucky he's a very well-tempered baby.... unless he's hungry. Then you'd better get out of the way. This morning he head-butted me and kicked me in the balls in quick succession, much to Nancy's amusement. Must be the feisty Welsh side of him :-)

Yes, the boy loves to eat - and let's face it, never has a Richards been known to go hungry!!!

This afternoon I made another batch of kolaches (which always disappear really quickly), and did some stretches on the stability ball to loosen up for tomorrow's 60k race. We're about to head out to the store and then we'll pick up Gavin, who I've promised will get ice cream tonight because he's been a good boy. That means I get some too.

For supper I have some wholewheat pasta dough ready to roll into broad noodles, homemade marinara sauce to go with them, and I will roast some veggies to finish it off. While I wait for the noodles to dry and the veggies to roast, I'll do some light pilates to relax and loosen up a bit more. With any luck, Gavin will join me.

Yes, life is good.

No comments: