Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Pushup Challenge : week 2 day 3

Plan : 15, 15, 12, 12, at least 15
Actual : 15, 15, 12, 12, 20

Finished out week 2 of the pushup challenge tonight and I'm still going strong. There is another exhaustion test coming up to determine which track to follow into week 3, so bring it on.

I am taking a training class at the SAS institute today and for the rest of the week. The class doesn't start until 9 - a great chance for a lie-in. So naturally I got up early to go run Walnut Creek with Clea. I'm glad I did because it was one of those days when running just felt so easy. I wore my El Scorcho singlet for the first time and it felt really good. I drove home feeling exhilarated and glowing, and had time to enjoy a nice long shower before heading out to my class.

What a great way to start the day.

3 comments:

Ryan V. said...

You got me on the pushup challenge. I'm finishing week 2. I managed 47 good form pushups on the initial test. We'll see how the next test goes this weekend before starting week 3.

Mark said...

Wow, 47 is an impressive number - good job. I sneaked a peak at the next few weeks and realised the reps start to ramp up pretty quickly. Now I wish I hadn't looked :-)

Derek said...

Thanks for mentioning Sunmart 50k, I almost forgot about that race. I have heard nothing but good thing about it, so I will consider it as well.