Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Let Loose in the Big City

I'm in Dallas for the rest of the week for work. Right now I'm sitting here in my hotel room putting off going downstairs to the gym. I really need to because I made an absolute pig of myself at the chinese and mongolian barbecue down the road. I think the owners were fearing financial ruin every time I went back to the buffet line.

But there's something lonely about getting a table for one at a restaurant, especially when your family is 200 miles away. It never used to bother me but I kinda miss them. I've been married for nearly 10 years - you'd think I would be glad of any opportunity to get away for a while. Maybe I just love my wife - is that weird?

And talking of weird, I hate to start conspiracy theories but the guy sitting a couple of tables down from me looked exactly like Saddam Hussein. If he hadn't been executed several years ago, I might have stepped outside and called a tip line.

Let's get back to more familiar ground - the pushup challenge. It's getting harder but still manageable. Glad I got them out of the way before I went out though.

Week 3 day 2
Plan :
27, 19, 19, 15, at least 25
Actual : 27, 19, 19, 15, 30

Ok, I can't put it off any longer, I'd better go down. At least I brought a book with me to read on the elliptical.

No comments: