Sunday, July 27, 2008

A change in road shoes?

Pushup Challenge : Week 3 day 1
Plan :
25, 17, 17, 15, at least 25
Actual : 25, 17, 17, 15, 30

Ok, I noticed the difference in the number of pushups this morning - it's quite a step-up from week 2, but I'm still hanging in there.

Had some good running this weekend. Didn't get a great turnout for the office running group yesterday (no real surprise), but I still managed to go out fast with both the 5k and 10k groups. It was very humid and not that easy (I chose a real hilly course) so I was glad to be done. I think I may shortly be in the market for a change in road shoes though - after many years of running happily in Reebok Premier Roads, they have suddenly started giving me blisters on the instep. Doesn't happen with my trail shoes, just the road ones. I wonder if running trail has subtly changed my foot shape and/or size. Maybe I should just start taping them (my feet, that is, not the shoes :-)). Any suggestions?

Then this morning I had a fun run at Ken's. The first half was pretty slow, but Joe broke free and took off just before the switchbacks. I took off after him and we hammered the second half of the loop. There's one big climb just after the scenic overlook that goes straight up the ridge. I have adopted that hill as my nemesis and make a point of running it hard each time. It's a really tough hill and my legs are like rubber for quite a while afterward, but it's a good workout.

I've made some ravioli for supper tonight - rolled out some pasta dough to make shells (bought one of these some time ago which makes the process super easy) and stuffed them with a ricotta, parmesan, mozzarella, chive, basil and egg white combination. I have a marinara sauce simmering away on the stove, some fajita chicken ready to grill up, and some French country bread just out of the oven. The house smells fantastic.

No comments: