Monday, July 21, 2008

The Day After

Pushup Challenge: Week 2 Day 2
Plan
: 16, 13, 11, 11, at least 15
Actual : 16, 13, 11, 11, 20

Struggled a little on the pushup challenge this evening and only managed 20 on the final set. Maybe that's because I woke up this morning with a stuffy head and a scratchy throat, which oddly enough made me feel a lot better about my run on Saturday night. Just looked at the results page and I finished in 5:36:43, which was good for 41st place (out of 92 finishers). Not as bad as I thought. It was very difficult on the night to figure out how you were doing as you'd sometimes be passed by runners who were a loop or two behind you. I am also getting a bad case of "runner's nostalgia" and remembering parts of the course I really enjoyed, like the stretch along the Trinity River with the Fort Worth skyline in the background, all illuminated by a beautiful full moon. Yeah, I think I'm gonna run this sucker again next year.

I've mapped out a route for my marathon relay group at work to do our first run together this weekend - I'm going to run it tomorrow after work to look for likely spots to drop water. We have enough people for at least a couple of teams, with abilities ranging from slow walkers to 40 minute 10kers. I'll set the 10k folks out at 6:30am and the 5kers at 7:30am. That way I can go out with both groups and make sure everyone gets back ok. The route is one big loop, so I can always double back and play sweep. I guess my pre-season starts here.

Update : I just realized this is blog posting number 50. Gavin has gone to bed for crimes against parents, so I will go have some "cookies and cream" ice cream to celebrate. Yummy.

No comments: