Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Road to Rocky (week 3 of 10)

Another great effort run last weekend at the Decker half marathon, but I was treading water for the rest of the week. It's time to get the marathons out of my system and refocus on the Rocky Raccoon 100.

12/21: changed the plan to add two long runs on Thursday and Friday as I will be busy smoking a turkey on Christmas morning and do not intend to run.

DateSaturday December 18th
Planam - 22 miles
pm - Nothing
Outcome5am - 38F and clear.  Ran 6 by myself and then another 18 with Meghan.  Didn't run that fast, but felt like I could go forever.  We chatted away and I added on bonus miles to get her up to 18.  I finished with 24 miles in 3:22:46 (8:27 average).  Fun morning.

DateSunday December 19th
Planam - 15 miles
pm - Yoga
Outcome6am - 33F.  Another strong run today.  Hammered 10 miles of road hills and then ran hard on hilly and technical trail.  Once more I felt like I could run forever.

pm - no yoga tonight.  Forgot we had a party to go to.  Oh well - bring on the egg nog.

 DateMonday December 20th
Planam - Nothing
pm - Bob workout 1 (30 minutes)
Outcomepm - really pushed myself tonight and got a really good hard workout in

DateTuesday December 21st
Planam - 10 miles
pm - Bob cardio workout (1 hour)
Outcome4:30am - 67F.  My legs were all kinds of sore this morning - probably a combination of Sunday's hills and last night's workout.  Decided to make this a recovery run, so I didn't push the pace.  Finished 10 miles in 1:22:13 (8:13 average)

pm - realistically, I don't think there was ever any chance I would make this workout. After a busy evening, I'm finally sitting down and enjoying a glass of wine instead.

DateWednesday December 22nd
Planam - 8 miles (easy)
pm - Bicycle trainer (30 minutes)
Outcomeam - didn't happen.  I was up until gone midnight with a crying baby, and there was no chance of me getting up at 4am

pm - probably not going to happen either since we've promised Gavin we'd take him to the cinema

DateThursday December 23rd
Planam - 12-15 miles
pm - Bob workout 2 (30 minutes)
Outcome6am - 56F.  Ran an easy 15 miles with Meghan.  Sometimes it's good to just run, chat and enjoy the morning

pm - I guess I underestimated how busy Christmas week was going to be.  Another miss.

DateFriday December 24th - Christmas Eve
Planam - 16 miles
pm - Core workout
Outcome5am - 55F and raining.  Did a nice relaxed 17 miles with Clea and Wesley.  This run brought up 81 miles for the week - not bad at all.

1 comment:

K said...

I know you are posting your workout plans to help keep you accountable, but I am using them to spur me on... I'm trying to keep up with you!

Keep up the good work...it's helping me too!