Thursday, November 18, 2010

The White Rock Diaries (week 4 of 5)

Another week of great training in the books, and up next is my last 20 miler before White Rock.  This week is also Thanksgiving, which is an American holiday I knew very little about until I moved Stateside.  The key to it seems to be the ability to eat as much as possible - something I am remarkably good at - so I'm planning on getting some good runs in early in the week, and then moving smoothly into feasting and taper mode.

Then I will probably have to work it all off again!!!

DateSaturday November 20th
Planam - 20 miles
pm - Bicycle trainer (1 hour)
Outcomeam - 49F and foggy.  Ran a fun 20 miles with Clea.  Beautiful misty morning with a huge full moon.  Finished in 2:44:32 (8:14 pace) with a nice 6:48 for the last mile.  Felt like I could keep going and do it all over again.

pm - 30 minutes on that darn bicycle trainer is about all I can stand.

DateSunday November 21st
Planam - 16 miles
pm - Nothing
Outcomeam - 70F, humid and windy.  Ran the 11 mile scenic loop in 1:31:38 (8:20 pace).  Not a great run, but the positive was I still managed an 8:20 pace.  Traffic was surprisingly heavy and I seemed to catch every red light so I never got a rhythm going.  Decided early on to take it easy and turn it into a recovery run.

 DateMonday November 22nd
Planam - Nothing
pm - Bob workout 2 (30 minutes)
Outcomepm - does dancing to Johnny Cash count as a workout?  In case it doesn't, I also did the Bob workout 2.

DateTuesday November 23rd
Planam - 10 miles
pm - Bob Harper's Inside Out Strength workout (1 hour)
Outcome4:30am - 71F and humid.  It's the middle of November and it's 71F at 4:30 in the morning?  Oh boy.  Felt tight this morning and didn't feel like hammering it, so I settled for 10 miles at MGP - 1:18:51 (7:53 average).  Can we get some 50F (or colder) weather back please?

pm - real life sometimes gets in the way.  It was crazy here tonight and I just didn't get time to do this.

DateWednesday November 24th
Planam - 8 miles
pm - Bicycle trainer (30 minutes)
Outcome4:30am - 72F, humid and windy.  Did my 8 miles in 1:02:16 (7:47 pace).  Felt tired, especially running into the wind.  Legs were heavy and wooden - I'm looking forward to taking the next few days off

pm - did the "spouse smackdown" challenge: 90 minutes on the bike trainer while we watched Disney's Christmas Carol.  I think I need bigger bike shoes.

DateThursday November 25th
PlanNothing - Thanksgiving
Outcome5:15am - 72F and muggy.  Met Clea early to get in 8 miles before leaving town.  Got in my 50 miles for the week (57).

DateFriday November 26th
Planam - 7 miles (optional)
pm - Nothing
OutcomeNothing - ran yesterday instead

No comments: