Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Slave to Cadence

I've been doing some spinning as part of my cross training - mostly concentrating on keeping a high cadence with the idea that will translate into a faster foot turnover, thus increasing my running speed. It's been fun, even though I'm a pretty rotten cyclist - more a Seth Armstrong than a Lance Armstrong!!!

I've also been hammering the strength and cardio workouts. Since I cut back my running to give my foot time to repent of its naughty ways I've had much more time for cross training, and as part of that I got three new workout dvds which I've been trying out - I'll do them a few more times and then post some reviews.

And speaking of said foot, it feels good and I'm looking forward to pacing Derek for the last 40 miles of his first 100 at Rocky Raccoon. I can't believe it's been a year since I ran that thing and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a teeny weeny bit jealous. It's a great race that will always hold some special memories for me.

I hope I can help Derek make some special memories of his own on Saturday.

No comments: