Saturday, February 6, 2010

End of the Line

I'm done!!! 24 hours of waiting in line and I finally got Gavin's student transfer request in this morning. I also got plenty of emails from friends who saw me being interviewed on tv. Here's the link if you want a laugh - they edited it well, I sound halfway intelligent!!!

All in all it wasn't a bad experience (though I wouldn't want to have to do it again anytime soon). The guy right in front of me brought a projector and speakers with him and screened a movie on the wall last night, which was fun. I got to meet some super nice folks, and the people watching is always interesting. Mine was the 30th overall transfer request filed (and I believe it was the 7th or 8th for the school we want) so we stand a very good chance of getting in.

We should find out by the end of March.

I was amazed to see people still arriving to line up just before 7 this morning - couldn't help but think they were a day late and a dollar short.

This morning I'm going to watch the England vs Wales rugby international then I'm driving up to Huntsville to pace Derek through the night at the Rocky 100.

After sitting around for the last day I'm looking forward to it.

1 comment:

clea said...

Your interview was great! I told MIke about what you have to do to get a transfer and read him your blog...his response was "I think I would rather just move." Good luck w/ pacing!