Monday, December 15, 2008

Food Processors?

Tonight's run was canceled due to bad weather - we are officially under a severe winter weather advisory, with forecasts of freezing rain and sleet. Hard to believe it was in the 80s yesterday. It is bitterly cold and windy outside, the house smells of yummy freshly baked cappuccino cookies and I am sitting in front of a roaring fire having just read Gavin a bedtime story. Does it get any better than this?

Here's a question for all you cooks out there. I am in the market for a food processor, and I'm seeking opinions (never really had one apart from a crappy $20 Black and Decker I hardly ever use). I think I'm leaning toward the Kitchenaid series - either the KFP720, KFP740 or KFP750. They are very powerful, have gotten great reviews and I like the fact that they all have a mini bowl and chopper that fits inside the main bowl for smaller tasks (like herbs or garlic for salsa). I own a Kitchenaid stand mixer and love it - I use it all the time for making bread/pasta/pizza dough. Does anyone own one of these food processors (or any other for that matter)? If so, do you like it? I dithered and could kick myself for missing out on a great Thanksgiving deal on the 750, so I'm going to bide my time and see if I can get a good deal in the post-Christmas sales. Nancy thinks her craving this time around may be Mexican food, so it will come in very handy. Mind you, when she was expecting Gavin she craved soup and just after I ordered a big All-Clad stockpot the craving disappeared. Oh well.

No comments: