Friday, August 8, 2008

Ready Set Play

Pushup Challenge : Week 4 day 3
Plan :
30, 22, 22, 20, at least 29
Actual : 30, 22, 22, 20, 50

Felt really good tonight and pulled a great 50 pushups out of the last set to round out week 4. I feel like I'm getting stronger, but I've got another exhaustion test up next before going into week 5 so we'll see.

Nancy and I had the day off today and had great plans for it. We took Gavin to daycare as usual then headed over to Bull Creek to run a loop of Kens. We don't get to run together very often so it was nice to get the chance. We met up with a friend and enjoyed a relaxing run and great start to the day. We picked Gavin up around midday and we all went to Freebirds for lunch. They do fantastic burritos and was a favorite haunt of Nancy's back in her Aggie days.

Then the fun really began. We took Gavin to "Ready Set Play", an inflatable toy playhouse in Round Rock full of bouncy castles, slides and climbing walls. Wow, this was the best $8 we ever spent - we had such a great time and Gavin played himself out. To see the look on his face and the squeals of delight as he came down the slides or climbed the wall was awesome. We were there for over three hours and both Nancy and myself got to play on the slides and bouncy castles too. I will always remember the magic moments when Gavin wanted me to chase him through the obstacles, play in the castle or go down the slides with him, and I wouldn't have missed it for the world. I don't think there's a better feeling in the world than playing with your little boy, and I'm nothing but a big kid myself. We got home and he fell asleep around 6:30 in Nancy's lap watching the Muppet Movie. I put him in our bed - I suspect he'll be down for the night.

What a great day.







No comments: