Friday, August 29, 2008

101 Not Out

Well I'm home. It's odd but every time I go away for the week, Gavin seems to have grown. Needless to say I'm very happy to be back.

So happy that I decided to get the pushup challenge out of the way and go for the 100 today. It made sense to get it over with before getting into my running this weekend.

So I started off and my arms felt a little tired from yesterday, but once I hit 10 I found a rhythm. That carried me through 25 (quarter of a way there) and before I knew it I was passing 40 and then 50 - over halfway. I was still feeling good as I passed 70 (my previous best) and once I got up to 80, I knew I was going to do it (only 20 more to go). Things got a little harder once I passed 90 - I guess my arms suddenly woke up and realized what I was doing to them - but I hit that magic triple digits, and did one more for good luck before collapsing.

Needless to say, I was very happy with myself. Big thank you to Steve for coming up with the hundred pushups website in the first place, and for all his encouragement along the way. I can now proudly display my "I did the 100" banner.

We're off to celebrate at the Red Robin.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Mister......great job!!!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! Pleased for you Mark...

I've added you to the "did the hundred" page:

http://hundredpushups.com/didthehundred.html

Have a Banzai Burger for me :)

--Steve

Tim Rosanelli said...

Congrats for completing the push-ups program.

Are you ready for the next challenge?

Here's a situp program that you will enjoy - http://60situpschallenge.blogspot.com

elsean said...

i heard he faked it !