Friday, August 7, 2009

Fast Friday

I opened it up this morning and ran a hilly 8 mile route around downtown in just about an hour. I kept the pace a consistent 7:50 and it was easy - I always felt I had extra gears in reserve and never felt like I was pushing it, maybe because I got a good night's sleep last night (hooray Dylan). I ran with a friend who's a really strong runner, but I could tell that I was pushing him for those last few miles - a very good sign that I'm starting to gear up for the season.

It's been a good running week all round, one I really needed after last weekend's 60k.

Last night was the Round Rock Fit coaches meeting at the Main Street Grill. The food was excellent as always, and it was good to catch up with all my old friends. I was in two minds about coming back for another year, but I'm glad I did. I find that it really gives me the focus and discipline I need to push myself on my long runs.

The season starts in a few weeks and I'm excited about the challenges it will bring.

No comments: