Monday, January 18, 2010

Good and Bad

Here's the good thing about most of my strength workouts if you're a runner - they're chock full of lunges. Here's the bad thing about my strength workouts if you're a runner with a foot injury - they're chock full of lunges. May concentrate on core for the next few days.

I decided against the Stratford and Scenic run this morning (a rare victory for common sense) and decided to pit my foot against the neighborhood instead. That was probably a good decision as I aborted the run less than half a mile in. I could have continued if I needed to, but I was feeling some pain from it and didn't want to push my luck. I'll try again tomorrow.

Don't get complacent common sense - it can't last!!!

While I'm at it, here are some more goods and bads from this morning.

Good - I'm sitting here eating roasted tomato and bell pepper soup with rice.
Bad - my foot is stuck in an ice bucket.

Good - the bin from my shredder is just the right size to fit my foot and works really well.
Bad - almost too well. Keeping my foot in the freezing ice water for 20 minutes at a time hurts like a son of a bitch.

Good - Nancy has to fetch me more rice, soup and bread.
Bad - "you'll have to wait, you're on my terms now". Thanks honey.

Good - Maybe I need a little bell to summon her.
Bad - Will never happen :-)

Good - I get to just sit here and watch tv.
Bad - Gavin has control of the remote and we're watching Spongebob!!!

Ok, my 20 minutes are up - time to defrost the foot. Just had a great idea - maybe I should save up all my chores for these 20 minutes sessions and then make Nancy do them.

Ha ha ha - hope she doesn't read this.


Update: Whoops, I think she just got wind of my cunning plan - "that foot's got to come out of that bucket sooner or later"

4 comments:

Ashlee said...

Ice baths are the worst... but they work so well! Loved the good/bad, I'm sitting here laughing at my desk, getting looks from co-workers...

Anonymous said...

Sometimes common sense just plain sucks. But it does usually come out ahead... but still.

Hope you're on the mend soon.

clea said...

Not happy to hear you are hurt, but at least I know I am not alone on the injury train... :) Let your common sense prevail...it is not worth turning something small into a huge lingering problem.

steve said...

Here's to a speedy recovery. Doesn't sound too clever though.

Take it easy,

--Steve