Friday, June 13, 2008

Remembering Absent Friends

My friend had another massive heart attack in hospital last night. We'd hoped that he'd make progress after they amputated his legs but the left side of his heart was already irreversibly damaged, and this was one too many. They turned off his life support machine this morning. He was 42 years old with three kids. One of the ladies at work came and told me this morning and she was in tears. I've never wanted to hug Gavin and Nancy so much - you can bet I'm going to do everything I can to be around as long as possible for my little boy.

We're meeting the bus at 4:15am tomorrow morning to go to Dublin for the Dr Pepper race so I'm off to bed. Gavin is in our bed tonight and he's calling me to go lie down with him. I'll write soon with a report and photos from his first race.

No comments: