Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Gaslight Anthem

Chuck is one of my favorite tv shows. The writing is clever, quirky and funny, and it showcases some great songs by lesser-known bands. One of the songs featured on a recent episode was "Here's Looking at you, Kid" by the Gaslight Anthem. I liked it so much that I downloaded their entire album, and they've become one of my favorite bands. They're an interesting mix of Springsteen and Tom Petty, with a little Kings of Leon thrown in.

Very laid back - definitely my kind of music.

On the running front, I did not have a good trail run Monday evening. The extra pounding of the technical trail played havoc with whatever this muscle strain is. I was still feeling it yesterday - like having a constant stitch in your solar plexis, or that feeling you get when you've just released an ab hold and your abs are sore.

I wanted to make sure it wasn't my appendix, so I went to the doctor's this morning. The doc wasn't sure what it was either - he told me to take it easy for the rest of the week and let it work itself out.

Who knows what I did. Maybe I'm just getting old - I don't think there's a cure for that!!!

No comments: