Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Bandera Preview

These are pictures from the Hill Country State Natural Area in Bandera where I'm going to be running the 100k this weekend. It's remote, it's tough, it's rugged, but it's very beautiful (especially on a clear night with a full moon). I'm not worried about the uphills, but rocky steep downhills are not my forte and I don't have a time goal in mind for this one - I just want to finish. The last time I ran here, I took chunks out of the back of my heels so I'm going to make sure I do a good job of taping my feet. I checked the weather forecast and I'm happy with the temperature, but not so happy with the predicted high winds and 35mph gusts - that could pose a few problems. Still, nothing I can do about it so why worry.

We went to pick my parents up from the airport tonight. They're visiting from Wales for two months and Gavin was super excited to see them - he hasn't stopped chattering all night.

What also arrived this evening was my stick. This is a great runner's tool that helps work knots out of your legs by massaging trigger points. I used to own the travel stick, but Gavin enjoyed playing with it a little too much and it's been missing for months. I finally broke down and bought another one.

200 Situp Challenge : Week 3 day 2
Plan :
30, 38, 23, 23, at least 38
Actual : 30, 28, 23, 23, 40

Knocked off another day of the situp challenge tonight. I had no problems, though I started feeling it toward the end of that last set. That's a good feeling.

1 comment:

Derek said...

Good luck in Bandera this weekend, I look forward to hearing how it goes. I couldn't survive without my stick as it allows me to continue running without too many leg problems.