Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Road to Rocky (week 6 of 10)

I skipped quite a few of my workouts last week, but sometimes family stuff intervenes, and I'm never going to be able to do everything I've planned so I don't worry about it.

But when I did run, I felt great and ran well. So I must be doing something right.  Maybe I'll just keep on keeping on.

DateSaturday January 8th
Planam - 30 miles
pm - nothing
Outcome4:30am - 49F.  30 miles completed in 4:20 (8:40 average pace).  Felt a bit under the weather - probably a bit of cedar fever, but got it done.  Sped up for the last few miles and finished off strong.

DateSunday January 9th
Planam - 8 miles
pm - Yoga
Outcome11am - 45F and rainy.  We had heavy rainfall overnight and I didn't feel like slipping and sliding around the trails or chancing the low water crossings around Bull Creek, so I slept in and went to run late morning instead.  I did a new 8 mile route around my neighborhood which has lots of good hills and decided to make it an effort run.  Managed to see it off in 58:05 (7:15 pace).  Legs felt fine and completely recovered from yesterday's 30 miler.  Great to see I can still hammer a good fast run without any hangover (from either the 30 miler or the 12 egg omelet challenge - ha ha ha)

pm - a good relaxing yoga practice.  I love me some Rodney Yee

 DateMonday January 10th
Planam - Nothing
pm - Plyometrics (1 hour)
Outcomepm - ah, nothing like an hour of bouncing and bounding around

DateTuesday January 11th
Planam - 10 miles
pm - Bob workout 1 (30 minutes)
Outcome4:30am - 33F and windy.  Spent the first five miles battling against the wind before settling down and finding my rhythm.  The last few miles were much better, run at a 7:15 clip.  Finished up in 1:15:35 (7:33 average).  Looking forward to my massage this evening.

pm - went for my first massage in about 5 year this evening.  Left feeling wonderfully relaxed with words like "boy, your hamstrings hate you" ringing in my ears.

DateWednesday January 12th
Planam - 8 miles
pm - Bicycle trainer (30 minutes)
OutcomePending

DateThursday January 13th
Planam - Nothing
pm - Strength training
OutcomePending

DateFriday January 14th
Planam - 8 miles (optional)
pm - Nothing
OutcomePending

No comments: