Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Resistance Training?


This may well be my favorite picture of Dylan.  It just captures him so well - seemingly innocent, but with a hint of mischief lurking just beneath the surface.

This morning was what I like to refer to as a "resistance training" run.  It was so muggy and oppressive, I was resistant to running at all.  76F and 90% humidity at 5am - it felt like I was breathing through a wet towel.  Did 7 miles with James, and kept it right around an 8 minute mile, despite rolling my ankle and going down hard on a road that was torn up and undergoing construction.  Clumsy me - some things never change.

Many thanks to James for slowing down for me, and best of luck at London.

Stayed up last night to watch the NCAA basketball National championship game.  Now I know next to nothing about basketball, but I had entered my company's March Madness bracket competition, making my predictions mostly at random.  And somehow, by last night's game I was the runaway leader and had a 100% prediction record from the quarter finals on.  There was only one person who could overhaul me, and only if Kansas won.  Luckily, Kentucky took them down, making me a little richer.  And more importantly, conveying considerable bragging rights.  Hooray.

Still not a basketball fan though - it's a pretty boring game to watch.

But speaking of basketball, here's a picture we took of Gavin after his basketball match last Sunday.  It's much more fun to watch the little kids play - they're hilarious.  Gavin won his medal for best sportsmanship - he's very vocal in encouraging his teammates, and is very good at cheering them up when they've made a mistake or missed a shot.

No comments: