Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ten for Tuesday

Started a new Tuesday tradition today with an early morning 10 mile run. Started at 4:30am, and it took me 1 hour and 25 minutes - a nice relaxed 8:30 pace. I took the "accidental" route I found a few weeks ago, and got back home in good time. It was cold but nice - there was a beautiful full moon and it felt like the morning belonged to me. I think "Ten for Tuesday" will become a regular feature of my spring/summer training.

After Saturday's 14 miles of hills, I hammered 10 miles of the Austin half marathon course on Sunday (another hilly route). A year ago that would have been a medium effort workout, but my legs were quite sore yesterday. So it was a nice surprise that I felt so good this morning. Heading up to Walnut Creek with a buddy after work for another 6 miles.

I guess I'm just not that good at this taper lark (though God knows I need the miles). Still, I have a plan to give myself a speed boost for the marathon on Sunday - I'm going to get my hair cut!!!

No comments: