Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Resolutions

My new year's resolution this year was to do all I could to run to my potential, something I haven't been doing for a while. Back when I was running my best I was doing my runs in the morning and adding on aerobic weights workouts in the evening. They didn't have to be very long - only 20 minutes or so - but they kicked my metabolism into high gear and made a huge difference. I want to get back to that so I took a look at all the workout dvds I had, made a list of the new ones I wanted, and wrote myself a training schedule. I have it mapped out all the way to the Little Rock marathon, and will extend it further when I add more races (and I have a few in mind).

Yesterday I kicked it off with one of my Jillian Michaels workouts. Annoying rubber-faced pixie she may be, but she is also one kick-ass trainer as my arms and hamstrings will attest. 20 minutes of squats, lunges, curls and crunches left me a twitching pile of sweat and slobber.

Running midweek mornings is slightly more problematic. Gavin has taken to creeping into our room in the middle of the night, climbing into bed with us and cuddling up with me. I have so far been unable to muster up the willpower to dislodge him and go run.

I need that extra motivation to get up, so if any of you dear readers feel the need to get up at 4:30am to go run 8 miles, let me know.

No comments: