Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Hint of Fall?

I swear I caught a hint of Fall on this morning's run. Now I know that sounds really silly when it's going to get up to 105F again today, but the humidity was definitely a lot lower than it's been in a long time, there was a nice breeze, and I actually felt really good.

And it was a beautiful morning. Nancy has been summoned to Brownwood, so me and the Gavster took Dylan to daycare, and I caught even more of that Fall promise - something about the light or the sun or just the general feel that lets me know that cooler days are coming.

Or maybe it was the fact that I saw some stores laying out their Halloween decorations at the weekend.

Or maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part. Whatever it was, it put a spring in my step.

And in the week that Texas's own gun-slinging coyote-slaying Governor announces he's running for president, I also have a request for your vote. My running partner has applied to be part of Team Refuel. You can help her out by going here, searching for "Clea" and voting for her.  If she wins, she is going to donate her grant to the Trail Foundation.  I know many of you Austinites use the trail regularly, so it's a win-win right?

You can vote once a day.  Just saying.

Go team chocolate milk!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, thanks for the rally on my behalf. I promise I won't hold any prayer days or shoot any animals. But my hair just isn't that great...