Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Flying Pigs

This morning pigs were flying around a blue moon when my alarm went off at 3:30am because I actually got up to do my neighborhood run. During marathon season this is a regular (3 or 4 times a week) event for me but I've gotten badly (and lazily) out of habit. Charlie (my dog and regular neighborhood running buddy) couldn't believe his luck and was very excited to get out the door. I'd pegged today as the day to restart my early morning regime because I love running under a full moon and it didn't disappoint. I also love the feeling of having the neighborhood all to myself, and getting back into this familiar route was like visiting with an old friend.

I have 2 basic loops around my neighborhood - the long one is 1.15 miles and the short one is 0.85 miles. Running both gives me a nice even 2 miles, and since my basic morning run is 6 miles I run each 3 times. I knew I'd had a good run because Charlie was flagging by the end whereas I felt pretty good. Be careful what you wish for, dog.

The rigatoni with meat sauce turned out to be pretty good, and the feta stuffed hamburger with mushroom was superb. Tonight is chicken pasta in cream vodka sauce. Further experimentation awaits.

No comments: