Friday, November 11, 2011

Paying Off Debts

Got back from San Diego late last night.  Had a good few days in California, including a great night out at Anthology - a kicking supper club with live music.  Only slightly annoyed that I missed Marc Cohn by one night.  His "Walking in Memphis" is one of my all-time favorite songs.

So up this weekend is the San Antonio marathon, and the theme seems to be about paying off old debts.  Like the one I owe to the weather gods for my "perfect day" at White Rock last year.  And I suspect I'm going to pay through the nose, because forecasts for Sunday look to be low 70s at the start, warming up to the upper-80s with 100% humidity.

The marathon organizers have even put up a page on their website about warm weather running.  They will be handing out salt at the start line, and it will be available on the course along with "spray stations" to cool runners down.  Not good news for someone who loves to run in the cold weather like myself.

So yeah, think I'm going to take it real easy for this one, and just enjoy a 26.2 mile stroll through old San Antone.

No comments: