Friday, April 29, 2011

Adventures in Beards

So I'm almost a month into my new job, and enjoying myself a lot. I love working from home, though it can be nerve-wracking when you're trying to figure out a brand new system, nothing is working and you don't have anyone to bounce ideas off. Thankfully I'm good at thinking on my feet, and hopefully that doesn't happen too often!!!

This month was the "D" month, as I travelled to Denver and Dallas. It was a great chance to try out my new suit - the first I've worn in over a decade. I felt dead posh!!! While I do enjoy travelling for a few days at a time, it's always nice to come back home to Nancy and the boys.

And when I'm not travelling, I've been experimenting with not shaving and seeing how long I can go before it gets too annoying and I have to get rid of it. My record so far is 5 days - apparently it made me look a little sinister (maybe I should have taken some time to go lurk on the Grassy Knoll in Dallas)!!!

This weekend I'm doing the two-day RRCA coaching certification class, which I'm looking forward to. This class only comes through Austin every few years - I dithered and dallied the last time, and it ended up sold out. I actually went and got myself recertified in first aid and CPR last night, so I'm all ready to go and discover exactly how badly wrong my training has been all these years - haha. I'll let you know how it goes.

And some news on the Dylan front - he has discovered climbing and has summited most of our home peaks - Mount Sofa, Mount Dining Room Table and Mount Ladder to his Brother's Bunk Bed. Yesterday, our not-quite-two-year-old budding mountaineer successfully escaped from his crib and went on the lam. It seems we have officially run out of ways to keep him contained.

And that's a scary thought!!!

No comments: